The EditFast proofreader will check the following items:
- Spelling, typos
- Grammatical, typographical, and/or style errors will be corrected
- References: Are all cited references listed in bibliography? Are all bibliographical
entries cited in the text? Does the bibliography follow the proper style for
this type of document and are its entries listed in proper alphabetical order?
- Acronyms: Are they defined at first mention? If there is a list of acronyms,
are all acronyms properly listed? Does the list entry match what is in the
- Line-break hyphenation
- Page breaks
- Figures and tables
- Text footnotes
- Other formatting details (pagination, running heads, etc.).
- As well, the proofreader will be reading the manuscript with an editorial
eye. If any passages are still particularly difficult to understand, some
light copyediting will be done.
- Of course, the specific requirements of each proofreading job vary. The
editor will pay close attention to the objectives and duties as detailed by
the EditFast administration and in accordance with the wishes of the client.