I have 20 years of experience managing various publications and translation projects. My attention to detail and customer focus set me apart from others.
Rate Per Page
Rate Per Word
Rate Per Hour
NOTE: these rates are not set in stone and are only an average for this editor. The actual rate applicable to your document will depend on the depth of the edit, the quality of the writing, the topic matter, the proximity of the deadline, the length of the document and several other factors.
Present Occupation: Editor and content manager
Editing Experience in Years: 20
Freelance and contract work | 07/00-present
Content Editor and Translation Project Manager
• Managed, edited and produced documents for engineering RFP responses and environmental research; edited doctoral dissertation and resume writing guide for executives; wrote and collaborated on press releases, internal planning documents and an e-book. Transcription and video captioning.
• Coordinated translation of monthly magazine and Web pages into as many as 15 foreign languages, incorporating feedback from international audiences.
• Reported directly to clients to ensure satisfaction and quality; provided efficient and accurate accounting. Clients have included Rev, Connect Global, Cactus Communications, IT Resume Service, Integral Consulting, Parsons Brinckerhoff and Rexair, Inc.
RR Donnelley | Seattle, WA | 2015–2016
• Proofread documents using text verification software; enforced style and brand guidelines; ensured consistency and accuracy in multi-version publications and localizations; met daily deadlines.
• Communicated among cross-functional teams to improve quality and resolve production issues. Followed and revised detailed procedures. Conducted interviews and participated in internal audits for quality management program.
TDWI, a div. of 1105 Media, Inc. | Renton, WA | 2001–2007, 2010–2015
Three positions with IT training/research and professional development association:
Managing Production Editor (promoted from Production Editor)
Setting and enforcing schedules, tracking copy, choosing design, fact-checking, publishing copy online and managing distribution.
• Edited and managed production of journal articles, case studies, reports, e-books, brochures and marketing copy for print and web, as well as magazines, posters, conference collateral and forum content.
• Interacted with writers, editors, sponsors/advertisers, SMEs, vendor partners and designers on overlapping projects or varying complexity and urgency.
• Served as managing editor for the Business Intelligence Journal.
• Supported education, sales and membership staff in marketing activities, including daily deadlines.
• Managed production team of artists and editors, obtained quotes, tracked budgets.
• Searched for, implemented, maintained and trained staff on online project tracking tool.
Education Program Manager
Served as program manager of professional training materials for seminars in data management and data warehousing across industries including higher education, IT, hospitals, insurance, banking and airlines. Ensured on-time production and shipment of 50+ course books for quarterly conferences and 15 other events. Accountable for quality assurance, budget, inventory, vendor management.
• Maintained detailed records and event notes, analyzed and published course evaluation data.
• Managed company-owned course material; executed content updates, oversaw version control and distributed to faculty throughout the US, Canada and Europe.
• Maintained excellent relationships with 30+ vendors; enforced deliverable deadlines; managed annual payments of $500,000+ and expense tracking; delivered program and faculty data to marketing and operations teams; documented and maintained department procedures; trained colleagues.
• Participated in process improvement and event management, typically serving ~500 conference attendees and consultants; documented and maintained procedures.
KOJEN ENGLISH CENTERS | Taipei, Taiwan | 2008–2009
Foreign English Teacher
Shared English and language expertise with students and colleagues. Planned, collaborated on, and delivered lessons to classes and individuals.
Ken Press | Tucson, AZ | 04/98-06/00
Project Manager/Editor for small publisher
• Edited and typeset books, user manuals, advertisements and newsletters for domestic and international audiences in various languages
• Established contacts and procedures for publishing and translation projects using Internet research techniques page layout and office applications
• Interacted with clients, translators and industry agencies
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Adobe Acrobat, InDesign
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer browsers
Experience setting Asian, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek and Cyrillic content