I am an environmental scientist and database manager who is experienced in editing and proofreading papers, reports and presentations.
Rate Per Page
Rate Per Word
Rate Per Hour
NOTE: these rates are not set in stone and are only an average for this editor. The actual rate applicable to your document will depend on the depth of the edit, the quality of the writing, the topic matter, the proximity of the deadline, the length of the document and several other factors.
Most Recent Occupation:
Database Manager/Research Scientist
Sept 2006 –Sept 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
· Concatenating multiple records of varying formats from different sources into a large SQL Server database for a major Fortune 500 client, data mapping and analysis of unstructured data, and querying database for normalization of data, using Scrum project management methods.
· Exclusive database manager for South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) Vegetation Management Division for over 4 years, responsible for design, management and maintenance of various complex Microsoft Access databases, utilizing VBA and SQL. Duties included linking and importing data from various sources, including Excel and Oracle tables, to MS Access databases; development and maintenance of intricate and time-sensitive weekly and real-time reports, user-friendly forms, multiple types of complex queries (including use of aggregate functions), macros, and graphs; compiling business requirements; database testing; archiving and maintaining data; debugging; QA/QC of reports; and providing database training to end users.
· Managed web-based Oracle applications for SFWMD Vegetation Management Division. Responsibilities included acting as liaison between database developers and division directors, lead scientists, and other end users; compiling business requirements; working with developers on design; configuring application for use; database testing; following up on pending requests; running reports; maintaining data; designing user manuals; and providing database training.
· Data analysis, including statistical analysis, using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
· Website manager for three internal SFWMD websites, responsible for multiple redesigns of website layouts, as well as maintaining and updating content.