All the duties of a proofreader plus:
- Creating a new manuscript or parts of a manuscript on the basis of content
and research supplied by an author.
- May include some research and writing of original material.
- According to the needs of the author the document will be rewritten entirely
making changes in structure, organization, grammar, word usage, and anything
else that the editors feel is necessary to make the document professionally
- Research and fact checking will also be included if needed but the original
purpose and the author's intent will be adhered to or enhanced.
- A complete rewrite will take more time and effort than any other type of
editing but if you wish to present a polished, professional document ready
for publication then this may be what the document needs.
- Of course, the specific requirements of each job may vary. The editor will
pay close attention to the objectives and duties as detailed by the EditFast
administration and in accordance with the wishes of the client.