All the duties of a proofreader plus:
- Checking for consistency of mechanics and internal consistency of facts
- Marking head levels and approximate placement of art
- Notifying designer of any unusual production requirements
- May include providing or changing system of citations
- Writing or editing captions and/or credit lines
- May also include negotiating changes with author.
- Of course, the specific requirements of each job may vary. The editor will
pay close attention to the objectives and duties as detailed by the EditFast
administration and in accordance with the wishes of the client.