All the duties of a proofreader plus:
- Clarifying and/or reorganizing a manuscript for content, structure, meaning,
eliminating jargon, smoothing language, and other non-mechanical line-by-line
- May include checking or correcting for reading level
- Creating or recasting tables and/or figures
- Checking accuracy of facts and/or quotes by reference to original sources
used by author and/or from other sources
- negotiating changes with author.
- Of course, the specific requirements of each job may vary. The editor will
pay close attention to the objectives and duties as detailed by the EditFast
administration and in accordance with the wishes of the client.